If you experience or are aware of a potential violation in a matter under the jurisdiction of the Secretary of State's office, we have developed specific online complaint forms in order to assist our office in the investigation of a complaint of an alleged violation. Click on the heading for more detailed information.
POTENTIAL ELECTION LAW VIOLATION:
This form can be used to report a violation of election activities including campaign practices, voting issues, voter registration activities and campaign finance violations.
Election Law Violation Form
ENTITY REGISTRATION & BUSINESS LICENSE COMPLIANCE REPORTING:
Actions subject to complaint and possible administrative action pursuant to NRS include without limitation:
- Conducting business in Nevada as a NRS Title 7 entity (Corporation, LLC, etc.) without filing the appropriate organizational documents (proper registration) with the Secretary of State.
- Sole Proprietors, Partnerships, or others doing business in Nevada without maintaining a state business license with the Secretary of State.
- NRS Title 7 entities conducting business in Nevada while in a revoked, permanently revoked, dissolved, merged out, or any status other than active or default.
Entity Registration/Business License Compliance Report Form
Respondent Information Form
FORGED OR FRAUDULENT FILINGS OF COMMERCIAL RECORDINGS DOCUMENTS:
Actions subject to complaint and possible administrative action pursuant to NRS 225.084 include without limitation the listing, without consent, of:
- The name or signature or address of a person as officer, director, registered agent, incorporator or other formal affiliate of an entity on any record filed with the Secretary of State;
- The filing of any record on an entity existing on file with the Secretary of State without the statutory authority as provided by Title 7 of NRS; the forgery or fraudulent alteration of records;
- The filing of records in bad faith or for the purpose of harassing or defrauding a person; and
The filing of records that contain a false statement of material fact.
Forged or Fraudulent Filing Complaint Form
Respondent Information Form
To file a complaint regarding investment fraud or violations of Nevada’s securities and/or commodities laws, please make sure that your complaint relates to an investment made while you, and/or the person you made the investment with, were in Nevada.
Securities Complaint Form
DOCUMENT PREPARATION SERVICE VIOLATION:
To file a complaint about a registered or unregistered document preparation service, please provide as many specifics as possible regarding the nature of your complaint, a listing of the violations you think occurred and why, and any evidence you have to substantiate your claim.
Document Preparation Services Complaint Form
NOTARY PUBLIC DIVISION:
If you suspect a notary has violated a provision of the law, please submit in a writing a letter outlining the nature of the complaint and allegations. If you have copies of the notarized document containing the violation, please attach the copy to your written complaint. You may email the complaint to email@example.com or fax to 775-684-7141.
ONLINE COMPLAINTS OR COMMENTS FOR OTHER DIVISIONS:
For all other divisions, complete an online contact form found here.