FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Kay Stimson
WASHINGTON, DC – The National Association of Secretaries of State will host a national business symposium entitled, "Streamlining for Success: State Business Filing & Licensing Office Strategies for Economic Growth" on May 6, 2013 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Nevada Secretary of State Ross Miller, who is serving as president of the association, will give welcoming remarks.
• Members of the National Association of Secretaries of State (NASS) - Secretaries of State, Lieutenant Governors, Deputy Secretaries of State and corporations/business division directors, representing 27 U.S. states.
• Representatives of leading e-government business services solutions providers and other issue experts.
• Jennifer Giering, director of small business engagement for Hiring Our Heroes, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce's national veteran and military spouse employment initiative.
What: At a time when many states are seeking new and innovative ways to encourage economic growth and stability, Secretaries of State are re-defining the role of business filing and licensing offices to bolster these important efforts. By looking at ways to cut red tape/reduce bureaucracy, streamline services, and operate in a business-friendly manner, they are helping states maximize limited resources while supporting business growth and development. This forum will explore various state efforts to ensure that state filing & licensing offices are business-friendly and streamlined for success through the innovative use of technology.
When: Monday, May 6, 2013 - 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM (PDT)
Where: Starvine Rooms 10 & 11 - ARIA Rooms at City Center (3730 Las Vegas Blvd.), Las Vegas, Nevada 89158
To Confirm Attendance: Please contact Kay Stimson at 202-624-3528, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full Event Agenda: Click here
Twitter Updates: @NASSorg
• You will need to bring valid media credentials to gain access/admittance to this event.
• Advance approval is required if you plan to tape or record during the event.
Founded in 1904, the National Association of Secretaries of State (NASS) is the oldest, nonpartisan professional organization of public officials in the United States. Members include the 50 states, the District of Columbia, American Samoa and Puerto Rico. On the Web: email@example.com.