Manage Your Business Resources pertaining to doing business in Nevada
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Pertaining to doing Business in Nevada
- Pertaining to the State Business License
- Pertaining to an Exemption from the State Business License
- Business Search - Search for a Business entity by Name, Entity Number, NV Business ID, Officer Name or Registered Agent Name. Note: this search includes Trademarks, Trade Names, Service Marks, Reserved Names & Business Licenses
- Statutes and Regulations - Contains links to relevant statutes
- Restricted Word List - Usage of certain words may be restricted for use in the name and/or purpose of an entity filed with the Secretary of State's office. This link contains the restricted word list and contact information to regulatory agencies for approval.
- Forged or Fraudulent Filing Complaints - This page contains information and forms related to filing and responding to complaints when forged or fraudulent filings are suspected.
- Registration, Business License, and Registered Agent Compliance Reporting - This page contains information related to reporting those who may be conducting business in Nevada without proper registration and/or without maintaining a state business license, or who may have improperly claimed a business license exemption, or for reporting a registered agent who is allegedly noncompliant with NRS Chapter 77.
- Registered Agents - Explains the difference between Commercial Registered Agents, Non-Commercial Registered Agents, and entities acting as their own Registered Agent. This page also provides links to all forms related to Registered Agents, including entities acting as their own registered agent.
Avoid the monthly paper chase by signing up for Electronic notification!
Electronic Notification is available for all types of registered agents. To authorize Electronic Notification, submit the appropriate form below to start receiving Renewal, Default, and Revoked notifications via email. Registering as a Commercial Registered Agent not only includes authorization for electronic notification, an additional benefit includes receiving pre-printed Annual List Renewal forms.
- Commercial Registered Agent Registration Form (includes authorization for electronic notification)
- Non-Commercial Registered Agent Electronic Notification Form
- Registered Agent Listing - An alphabetical listing, with contact information, of all Registered Agents participating in the directory
- Forms Library - Complete listing of all forms by type. Customer Order Forms only. Partnership Authority forms only. Miscellaneous Filing forms only.
- Fees Library - Complete listing of fees by entity type
- Commercial Recordings Division Contact Information - This page provides address, phone, fax, and email contact information for the Commercial Recording Division of the Secretary of State's Office
- Online Comments - Submit your comments, questions, or complaints online. A Customer Service representative will respond once your inquiry has been resolved
- Internal Revenue Service Links
- Revised IRS Form SS-4, Application for Employer Identification Number
- Updating Incorrect Business Entity Information
- Change in Application for Employer Identification Number
- Use of Nominees in the EIN Application Process
- Tax Information for Retirement Plans
- 501c(3) Tax-Exempt Status
If you intend to apply to the IRS for recognition of federal tax-exempt status as a charitable organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, your articles of incorporation must contain certain provisions. For more information, visit this page on the IRS website. To learn about the general requirements for federal tax-exempt status, visit www.irs.gov/charities, or download IRS Publication 557, Tax-Exempt Status for Your Organization.
Additional information and resources can be found at https://www.stayexempt.irs.gov/Resource-Library.
- Subscribe to Enotifier - Sign up to receive e-newsletters, email notifications and more